Don't be shy - leave a comment!
Whatever you have to say, it's nice to hear from visitors to my blog.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A blank page...

All writers face it - a blank page that somehow will not start writing itself! Well, that's just how I felt when I started writing this entry - what to write?

I've been in and around Corfu Town trying different angles when taking some photographs - it's part of my attempt at developing a "style" for a series of shots for my calendar. I'm thinking of three or four different possibilities, some or even all of them.

But part of wandering around pointing my camera involves meeting people and, since I look like I know what I'm doing and where I am, I become an unofficial tourist guide, directing people to the local sights. Something which I find very enjoyable. Being able to point people in the direction of a nice cafe with a great view of the Old Fort, or even just explaining that the cafes won't actually mind if you use their toilet without buying 5 cups of coffee gives me the chance to chat to some very nice people enjoying their vacation.

This is a very typical alley in Old Corfu Town.




So now after writing something, I'm heading out to Gastouri, where Achilleion, the palace built by Empress of Austria Elisabeth of Bavaria, also known as Sisi, is before the tourist buses make it impossible to get through.

1 comment: