Don't be shy - leave a comment!
Whatever you have to say, it's nice to hear from visitors to my blog.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring has sprung

It's now well and truly in to May. The Royal Wedding is now history as is Osama Bin Laden. I suppose we can rejoice at both events in some way or other.

But, here in Corfu, life is much simpler - a few more planes are touching down as the tourist season begins to take grip. It's lovely driving along the coast road up to Corfu Town and passing through the villages where the business people have been working, tidying their shopfronts and making things nice again. I don't know why more people don't visit at this time of year - the flowers are magnificent, blossoming everywhere. The weather is lovely, sunny most days but cool enough to enjoy being outside - not the blistering heat of the sun-worshippers. Wild flowers abound and I'm heading out tomorrow on a photographic expedition, suitably armed with my new "Wild Flowers of Greece" under my arm!

Photographs will follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment