Don't be shy - leave a comment!
Whatever you have to say, it's nice to hear from visitors to my blog.

Monday, January 10, 2011

First trip to Ioannina - part 4

Now we've got here, we spend over one hour circling where our hotel is meant to be. The directions are quite clear, after all the preliminaries, we should turn left at a certain junction and the hotel is literally a few metres from where we should be! Down the side-road five times in succession trying, first to find the hotel and, second to find the private parking they boast about! Only on the 6th attempt do I spot the building, 20 metres back up the road we had been driving down to the now infamous junction. In a place we would least expect it and no sign of any available parking. So, it's round once more, slow the car down so Barbara can rush across to this hotel whilst I do the circuit one more time. This time the owner rushes over with Barbara, gets in the front seat and directs me around a block of back alleys which bring me onto the main road again now pointing in the opposite direction. Double park outside the hotel - "put alarm!!" Hazard lights on, we unload our bags and are now joined by a stalwart of the hotel owner who will now accompany me to this private parking which turns out to be a public parking garage! We get the car parked up and I'm glad the next time I see it will be when we leave the hotel and head for IKEA to do some shopping!

Dump our stuff in the room, a back room over-looking nothing very nice, in fact something quite horrible. The front rooms facing over the beautiful park are not in our price range this time round, so put up and shut up. Fortunately, there's lovely coffee shop nearby where we salve our minds and bodies before heading out to the old castle.

I know this is a bit out of sequence, but I had to mention the hotel bit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment